Today I babysat my cousins, Levi and Ava. Ava recently turned three, and wanted to wear a dress. It was not snowing, but there was still snow on the ground from the last storm and it was cold outside, so I put some tights on her so she wouldn't get too cold. She seemed a little confused as to what they were, so I told her, "These are tights. They're kind of like pants and socks put together." She said, "Oh. They feel like socks." For the rest of the day, she called them her "pant-socks".
Later, I was looking at the globe in the living room, when Levi (who is 7) asked, "Have you been on a mission?" I said, "No, not yet. Have you?" I fully expected a reply of no (since he hasn't), but what I got was, "Yep." I said, "Oh? Where did you go?" He replied, "I went to that one place that starts with a ch-." He muttered to himself for a little while trying to remember what the name of his ch- place was. Eventually he yelled, "Chicago!" Ha ha. These kids crack me up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment